- What blocking thoughts, emotions or reservations made you reluctant to accept positive aspects of yourself as a true reflection of who you are?
- The chief thought is that I might be writing idealisations of what
or who I think i am. I mean I'd like to think that I'm hardworking,
honest, tolerant, but maybe I'm none of those things.
- How did you discount or disqualify your good points?
- By adding 'I hope' or 'I think' I am.
- What beliefs about yourself do these thoughts, emotions or reservations reflect?
- I seem to be prepared to accept negative aspects without
qualification but need to find confirmation from outside myself when it
comes to positive aspects. Even that outside qualification can sometimes feel like 'fishing
for compliments'. I also suspect that in having a more negative belief about myself, i or others won't have high expectations of me.
- How did you feel when your buddy answered the question about you?
- Very self-concious. I felt a bit awkward about including it, but I knew it would have been a bit pathetic if i didn't.